SNNNNNIFFFFF – smell that, it’s the smell of the new year, so fresh and clean!
Welcome to 2018.
Hope everyone’s recovered from the New Year party hangover. How’d you spend yours?!
I spent NYE with MrsFrugalSamurai-to-be together on an epic roadtrip: firstly to a spa retreat on the other side of the Blue Mountains (2 hours away), back home for dinner with the parentals, into the city for New Year’s fireworks, across to (the world famous) Bondi Beach after, then back to the city to crash.
Man what a day – if only everyday was like this!
People laughing, partying, enjoy time with their loved ones everywhere you went.
Fucking great times.
We were all lucky enough to enjoy one day’s public holiday on Monday to recover as well! Thank you Australia.
Unfortunately, most of us went back to work yesterday.
Gotta pay them bills!
I didn’t want to be left out so I also went back to work.
“But TheFrugalSamurai, you don’t start work until next week!”
I know, I know, I meant working on myself – hustling never stops!
What are you working on?
For starters, trying to re-design a new website. It’s been on my mind for a while and I’ve been procrastinating.
I mean, the current website is functional – but it needs a good renovation.
But come on – better late than never right!
Tougher than it looks people – having all sorts of technical issues at the moment.
It’s still very much a work in progress, but it’ll be worth it!
I’m looking forward to launching the new and improved website as much as I’m looking forward to the posts in the year ahead.
Here’s what I have in mind:
- Wedding series, stay updated on our wedding journey as we plan and bumble our way across the finish line!
- Property purchases, I’m seriously contemplating investing in another property or two this year, might blog a few posts as I go through the research, locating, negotiating and purchase phases.
- Stock market, it does look a bit frothy doesn’t it? Valuations are pretty damn high right now, who knows what will happen later this year – I’m watching this like a hawk and will post on anything I find useful.
- Cryptocurrency, without doubt the story of 2017 – is there more to come in 2018? I think so, in fact I’ve decided on dedicating a significant portion of my time to research more on blockchain and cryptos.
- My own financial journey, hoping to continue that series with my successes, failures and experiences to date.
- Travels and adventure, got more overseas trips booked in this year – will be documenting as I go, should be a blast!
- Corporate world, lessons learnt working for the man.
- Life and its wonders, you never know what’s around the corner.
Oh wow, so many ideas and thoughts circulating in my head right now, can’t wait to share with you all – should be an amazing year!
What about you? What have you got on this year? Love to hear about your plans and goals!
What do you think? Did you enjoy this post? Please help me out if you enjoyed this and click on the little “follow” button at the bottom right and be a follower. This way, you’ll never miss my words of awesomeness!
That’s a lot to cover in the allocated 104 posts in 2018 – make that 103 ensuing posts.
Looking forward to a big year ahead and hope you hit all your goals FS!
The Frugal Samurai
Thank you Innocent Bystander – you’ve been an ever visible presence on this blog and a personal thank you for all your support!