Reading Time: 3 Minutes
What’s up fellow Frugal Samuraites!
Hope we are all having a great week.
Gonna be quick today cos I’m late to meet MrsFrugalSamurai, we’ve got a hot date “wink wink”.
Anyway, so in a mad rush I was thinking how to make this post as pointy as possible.
I thought, what best than to share some of the resources and links which I’ve used in the past to obtain my financial info!
It’s a fairly chunky list… and most of them won’t be new – but hopefully there’s a golden nugget or two in there!
Here it is:
Australian Business News
- The Australian Financial Review – The AFR is a classic and required reading for any Australian investor.
- The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age – These are turning more and more “tabloidy” by the day, but once in a while there’s a gem in there.
- The Australian Business Review – The Australian provides a good viable source of info.
- MacroBusiness – Provides great coverage of what’s happening on the ground driving our economy.
- LivewireMarkets – Constant commentary on what’s happening in the markets.
- The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times are must read for international news. Although bear in mind, most of the news is subscription-based (but worthwhile paying for).
- The Economist is one of my all-time favourite publications, it provides a wonderful weekly update of the world and financial news that matters most. Editor’s note: During uni I saw a girl reading The Economist on the metro train once upon a time, time stood still as I struck up a conversation. ALAS! She was taken and not interested in our intrepid hero. Ahhhh C’est La Vie!
- Traditional finance magazines like Fortune and Forbes are worth a look as well as Bloomberg Businessweek.
- For 24/7 info – check out Bloomberg, CNBC, and Google Finance.
- Quartz – Found this one recently, it provides an alternative viewpoint and is a bit quirky at times.
- Value Investing World, another quirky site providing an alternate source of interesting articles.
- Can’t go past Warren Buffett Archive by CNBC, which is just Warren Buffet porn (not literally).
- Guru Focus collects articles and news on well, gurus.
- Berkshire Hathaway EVERYONE knows Berkshire Hathaway but did you know Warren Buffet’s annual letter to shareholders is a MUST read for anyone in the investment industry?
- Fund Managers; and there are many, many of them worth following and reading but some classics are: Howard Mark’s memos to investors, “Former” Bond King Bill Gross’s Investment Outlook and GMO for the research and commentary Jeremy Grantham provides. Also I love Bronte Capital’s Partner Letters for their unique insights on the short-side.
- Intelligent Investor and Eureka Report – Australian stock research.
- Grant’s Interest Rate Observer is focused on interest rates and economic issues with a contrarian bent.
- The Graham and Doddsville newsletter from Columbia Business School is an excellent quarterly read and is free.
- Pete Wargent is a respected property commentator who I’ve been following for a while, his graphs and explanations are brilliant.
- How I built this which are a series of interviews with entrepreneurs and how they built their companies.
- My friend Light Beam was asking me about stock market podcasts – well sir, here’s a good one: Intelligent Investor podcasts.
- Planet Money explains tumultuous economic events in ordinary language, or give Slate Money a go if you like em short and snappy.
- The Financial Times’ Alphachat provides unique insights into the whackier world of business.
- Tune in to Open Briefing for a range of presentations/briefings from Australian companies.
- Freakonomics for the hidden side of everything.
- Ben Carson’s A wealth of common sense blog provides interesting views on current market antics and investor psychology.
- Propertyinvestory is a great Aussie property podcast, Tyrone’s got quite a few who’s who of Australian Real Estate on.
- The Property Couch is another great Aussie real estate podcast, though I don’t always agree on what Ben and Bryce say!
- TheFrugalSamurai.com, the man is a genius, enough said.
Whew, that took longer than I thought… luckily MrsFrugalSamurai is running late as well.
There ya have it folks – did you enjoy that list? Hoping there’s a few in there which you might not be aware of, so go on, give them a go!
Also, do you have one or two which I haven’t covered? Let me know in the comments below about some of your personal faves!
What do you think? Did you enjoy this post? Please help me out if you enjoyed this and put your email in and click on the little “subscribe” button at the top right. This way, you’ll never miss my words of awesomeness! So do the right thing, be a subscriber and get it straight to your inbox fresh out of the oven!